Gdańsk University of Technology hosts a number of research centers, including:
- Academic Computer Centre, which stores various resources, archives, programs and applications in order to make them available to researchers. The centre also manages the Pomeranian academic network and hosts the Center for High Performance Computing.
- Immersive 3D Visualization Lab, which can be found at the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics. It is a state-of-the-art facility, containing a cubic virtual reality cave and a spherical walk simulator. These devices allow unrestricted walk in the virtual reality. There is no other such advanced installation in Poland.
- C^2NIWA Center of Competence Novel Infrastructure for Workable Application, providing services in the area of technological competence and modern application development platforms (parallel, distributed and mobile). The center is equipped with advanced IT infrastructure and offers a catalog of consulting services (the TRYTON supercomputer).
- WiComm Center of Excellence for Wireless Communication Engineering, one of the most advanced research and development centers in Poland, which specializes in the field of very high frequencies and microwaves technology, used in intelligent and embedded systems.
- Marine Military Technologies Centre, performing tasks related to national defense and security as well as providing analysis and repairs for the navy.
- Nanotechnology Centre, which houses 36 modern teaching and research laboratories and provides unique equipment for studies at the atomic level.
- Mathematics Teaching and Distance Learning Centre, a university unit providing education with the use of mathematical modeling and data visualization tools and methods based on ICT technologies.
- Centre for Knowledge and Technology Transfer, supporting innovation and academic entrepreneurship while cooperating with the business environment.
- LINTE^2 Laboratory, a center for research into sustainable electric power solutions and integration of renewable energy sources.
- Pomeranian Centre for Advanced Technologies, a joint initiative of Gdańsk University of Technology and the University of Gdańsk supporting the development of information technology and telecommunications, functional materials and nanotechnology, environmental protection, biotechnology, food chemistry and medicinal chemistry. There are 10 specialized laboratories within the centre, such as the Biomaterials Laboratory.