The Library mission is to promote and support the internationalization of higher education at the Gdańsk University of Technology (Gdańsk Tech). As an international academic institution, Gdańsk Tech offers many learning opportunities for students from all around the world (Study at Gdańsk Tech; Erasmus+). The Gdańsk Tech Library seeks to provide all users with a comfortable environment, promoting intellectual exploration and access to well-managed library collections and other services.
The Library also undertakes various activities in order to develop cooperation among international organizations and academic libraries [i.e. dr Anna Wałek, Director of the Gdańsk Tech Library, is a member of IATUL and SPARC Europe Boards of Directors], promote library interests, support research processes and improve the quality and effectiveness of the library services.
The main objectives of the internationalization process in the Library include:
- focus on best possible onsite and online services offered to Gdańsk Tech foreign students and faculty members
- library staff mobility and professional training : visiting other libraries and organizing Staff Weeks within the Erasmus+ programme
- promoting library activities, services and projects with social media
- participating in research and international projects (i.e. the Gdańsk Tech is a Third party in the "BE OPEN European forum and oBsErvatory for OPEN science in transport" project financed under the HORIZON 2020)
- cooperation and support of several library and Open Access organizations (engaging in working groups activities, participating in webinars and being up-to-date with their publications)