On Tuesday, 12 May 2020, the authorities of Gdańsk University of Technology decided to introduce changes in the organization of the academic year 2019/2020. They concern, among others, corrections in the schedule of conducting the basic examination session in the summer semester. Possible return of students to the university on 25 May 2020, as well as the form of conducting the examination session, will in turn depend on the epidemic situation and future government guidelines.
Professor Krzysztof Wilde, GUT rector, decided on Tuesday to introduce changes in the organization of the academic year 2019/2020. These changes consist primarily of:
- correction of the date of the basic session in the summer semester of the 2019/2020 academic year
- allowing the possibility of conducting didactic classes during the session and in the interval between the basic and retake session.
After the introduction of the above changes in the organization of the academic year, the most important elements of the GUT academic calendar are as follows:
- 15 June: the end of most classes
- 16 June – 5 July: basic session (with the possibility of conducting complementary didactic classes)
- 5 July – 30 August: holidays, free time for students and academic teachers (with the possibility of doing student internships)
- 31 August – 6 September: continuation of the basic session
- 7-11 September - the opportunity to make up for lost classes
- 12-20 September: retake session
RETURN TO THE UNIVERSITY DEPENDS ON THE EPIDEMIC SITUATION
The decision about the possible restoration of full-time classes at GUT and return of students to the university on 25 May (that is, the date set for the moment by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education) has not yet been made. It will be based on the current epidemic situation in the country and future decisions of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, supported by the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.
The same precautions will determine the decision of the university authorities about the form of conducting the examination session in the summer semester (in a traditional or remote way).