An open session of the Gdańsk University of Technology Senate, dedicated to the 2019/2020 academic year inauguration, will take place on the 1st of October at 11:15 in the Main Building Hall. The inaugural lecture will be delivered by Prof. Michał Kleiber, professor at the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN), vice-president of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, president of ECCOMAS (European Community of Computational Methods in Applied Sciences).
Central ceremony inaugurating the new academic year will begin with a speech by Prof. Krzysztof Wilde, the Gdańsk University of Technology Rector. Afterwards, 18 best students representing all faculties and 14 best PhD students representing all disciplines will take the matriculation oath.
A prize in the Prof. Romuald Szczęsny competition for the best thesis prepared at Gdańsk University of Technology will also be given.
Prof. Michał Kleiber will give the inaugural lecture entitled "Facing Modern Challenges: Engineers Worth their Weight in Gold", explaining the importance of engineering, its scientific bases and innovative potential, as well as the role it has to play in the modern world.
The Gdańsk University of Technology Academic Choir, conducted by Prof. Mariusz Mróz, will perform during the inauguration.
The ceremony will be transmitted on the GUT YouTube channel.
Faculty inaugurations will take place on the following days:
● Faculty of Architecture: 27th of September at 9:30, Main Building Hall
● Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology: 30th of September at 9:00, Auditorium Novum
● Faculty of Chemistry: 30th of September at 9:00, Main Building Hall
● Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics: 30th of September at 10:00, Auditorium Maximum
● Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics: 30th of September at 10:15, Auditorium in the WETI B building
● Faculty of Mechanical Engineering: 30th of September at 13:00, Auditorium Novum
● Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering: 2nd of October at 10:00, Main Building Hall
● Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering: 4th of October at 10:15, Main Building Hall
● Faculty of Management and Economics: 4th of October at 15:00, Main Building Hall.