The main ceremony commencing the 2017/2018 academic year at Gdańsk University of Technology will take place on October 6 at 10.15 a.m. in the Hall of the Main Building. Jarosław Gowin, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Science and Higher Education, will deliver a speech on the assumptions of the reform of science and higher education.
After the speeches of the GUT Rector, prof. Jacek Namieśnik and Minister Jarosław Gowin, medals and decorations shall be awarded, followed by the matriculation of students and doctoral students. After the matriculation the award of prof. Romuald Szczęsny for the best thesis and the award for the best student of our University shall be presented. The event will be graced by the Academic Choir of Gdańsk University of Technology.
The inaugural broadcast will be available for viewing on our YouTube channel.
The main ceremony will be preceded by faculty inaugurations:
• Faculty of Architecture, 4.10.2017, 10.30 a.m., Hall, GUT Main Building
• Faculty of Chemistry, 29.09.2017, 14.15 p.m., Hall, GUT Main Building
• Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics, 29.09.2017, 10.15 a.m., Auditorium No. 1, New ETI
• Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering, 29.09.2017, 9.00 a.m., Auditorium Novum
• Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics, 28.09.2017, 10.15 a.m., Hall, GUT Main Building
• Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 29.09.2017, 10.00 a.m., Hall, GUT Main Building
• Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, 29.09.2017, 13.30 p.m., Auditorium Novum
• Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology, 2.10.2017, 8.30 a.m., Hall, GUT Main Building
• Faculty of Management and Economics, 2.10.2017, 12.00, Hall, GUT Main Building
Holy Mass for the students and staff of Tri-City universities will be celebrated at the Archdiocesan Basilica in Gdańsk Oliwa on October 2 at 8.00 a.m. After the Holy Mass the authorities of our university will lay wreaths at the Monument to the Fallen Shipyard Workers.
Orthodox worship for the students and staff of Gdańsk University of Technology will be celebrated in the Orthodox Cathedral of St. Nicholas at Traugutta Street in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz on October 5 at 8.00 a.m.
We cordially invite the whole academic community to participate in these events.