8th International Conference on Unsolved Problems on Noise
Gdańsk University of Technology, Gdańsk, 9-13 July 2018
Final paper publication
Selected works presented at the UPoN 2018 conference will be published online, after they are peer reviewed, and as regular papers in special issues of the Fluctuation and Noise Letters and the Metrology and Measurement Systems.
In response to requests it has been decided to extend the submission deadline to 1 November 2018.
Submission of Papers for the Proceedings of UPoN-2018
UPoN participants are warmly encouraged to submit manuscripts based on their conference presentations to either Metrology and Measurement Systems (M&MS) or to Fluctuation and Noise Letters (FNL). In each case, manuscripts should be original and of high quality, and will be refereed according to the journal’s standard procedures. The extended submission deadline is 1 November 2018.
Instructions for submission to M&MS
Papers that involve measurements of some kind will be potentially suitable for M&MS. Please submit your manuscripts according to the following:
- Suggested maximum length of 12 published pages, but authors can request more space on the basis of strong scientific arguments.
- Formatted using the M&MS template provided, in Word, according to the journal’s guidelines for papers based on extended and updated contributions presented at scientific conferences http://metrology.pg.gda.pl/instruct.html.
- Add the phrase “UPoN-2018 manuscript: ” at the start of the title to ensure that the paper is considered as an extended version of the UPoN Conference paper (this prefix will be removed once the editorial processing is completed).
- Upload to M&MS as described under the submission guidelines via Internet Editorial System.
Instructions for submission to FNL
Papers related to noise or fluctuations – which include practically all presentations made at UPoN – will potentially be suitable for the FNL Special Issue serving as part of the UPoN Proceedings. It will be edited by Igor Khovanov (Warwick) and Peter McClintock (Lancaster).
Please submit your manuscripts as follows:
- Suggested maximum length of 10 published pages, but authors can request more space on the basis of strong scientific arguments.
- Formatted using the FNL templates provided, in either LaTeX or Word, according to the journal’s guidelineshttps://www.worldscientific.com/page/fnl/submission-guidelines.
- Add the phrase “UPoN-2018 manuscript: ” at the start of the title to ensure that the paper is considered for the UPoN Special Issue (this prefix will be removed once the editorial processing is completed).
- Upload to FNL as described under the submission guidelines.
Janusz Smulko (Conference Chair and Editor-in-Chief of M&MS)
Peter McClintock (Conference Vice-Chair and Editor-in-Chief of FNL)