The POLONIUM INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS programme is an element of the implementation of the tasks of EIRU programme in the scope of improvement of education quality of doctoral students, especially in fields and scientific disciplines related to the priority research areas (PRA) of the university, Action III.2. The aim of the POLONIUM programme is to increase the effectiveness of the university in attracting the most talented candidates from outside Poland to study at the PhD School at the Gdansk University of Technology
Doctoral students of the first year (Poles and foreigners) who lived permanently outside Poland before taking up studies at the doctoral school.
- Applications for the supplementary scholarship may only be submitted by:
a) foreigners, irrespective of the country in which they graduated from higher education studies, who were permanently residing outside Poland before commencing their education at the Doctoral School
b) students of Polish nationality who were permanently residing outside Poland prior to commencing their education at the Doctoral School, and who have been accepted to the Doctoral School and are beginning their education in the first year.
- The scholarship in the program is maximum PLN 5 000 gross per month.
- The scholarship is in addition to the doctoral scholarship.
- The scholarship is subject to personal tax, but is not subject to ZUS contributions.
- The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 48 months.
- Scholarships will be paid only by bank transfer to the account indicated by the doctoral student in the MyGUT IT system.
Deadline for recruitment
The call for applications in the program will be conducted from 6 to 16 April 2021,11:59 p.m.
How to apply?
- The application must be accompanied by: a cover letter containing a short research plan (maximum 1500 words).
- The application should receive an opinion from the research supervisor or supervisor of the Applicant before submission.
- Applications should be submitted in an electronic version (pdf format) to the Doctoral School Office at email@example.com in the e-mail title, please provide the name of the program: POLONIUM.