The Scandium Program is an element of the IDUB project tasks aimed at raising the quality of scientific activity of the university within the framework of Action II.2 (Strengthening scientific cooperation with leading centers from the Baltic Sea region). Within the Program it is possible to obtain a university grant for financing the costs of scientific research conducted in cooperation with partners from the Baltic Sea Region by young scientists in areas consistent with the activity of priority research centers of Gdańsk Tech (PRA Centres).
Recipients of the program
- The Applicant may be an employee of PG employed at the University as the principal place of work, who obtained his/her doctoral degree not earlier than 7 years before the year of the application.
A necessary condition of participation in the Program is the planned research implementation in cooperation with at least one partner from a Baltic Sea country, i.e. Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Germany or Denmark. The cooperation should have a real dimension in the form of the partner performing the planned research, the costs of which will be financed from the partner's own resources. The evaluation criteria include point preference for applications for research funding related thematically and substantively to the Baltic Sea Region.
- The maximum amount of co-financing for a research project financed by the Program is PLN 300 000 gross.
- The research work may not be shorter than 6 months and no longer than 24 months.
The direct costs of the project include:
- costs of dissemination of results of research conducted under the grant,
- costs of purchasing small laboratory equipment and materials necessary to conduct research under the project,
- costs of computer hardware and software,
- costs of research equipment purchase,
- remuneration (gross) of the manager and contractors from PG (project team) - up to PLN 3 000 of costs/month jointly for the manager and the whole team
- remuneration costs of persons co-operating in the project implementation for works of technical nature,
- foreign services necessary for the realization of research,
- costs of international cooperation, only in the scope of costs of business trips to partner countries,
Eligible costs under the grant are regulated in detail in the Catalogue of Eligible Costs of IDUB Rules and Regulations contained in the Scandium documentation.
How to apply?
- The call for proposals will run from 3.06.2021 to 21.06.2021.
- Applications should be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org to the IDUB project implementation team, the original application should be sent by internal mail to the Projects Department.
- Each application will be evaluated by two independent reviewers, and then by an Evaluation Committee appointed by the Rector.
- Applications will be evaluated according to the merit evaluation criteria placed in the documentation on the Research University website.