Date added: 2020-09-02
Gdańsk University of Technology authorities for the 2020-2024 term
Prof. Krzysztof Wilde will be the rector of Gdańsk University of Technology for the next four years.
The rector, elected in the elections held on 9 April, appointed vice-rectors who had previously held these functions. They are:
• PhD, DSc, Eng. Marek Dzida, university professor, vice-rector for education
• prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Dariusz Mikielewicz, vice-rector for organization and development
• prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Sławomir Milewski, vice-rector for science
• prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Janusz Nieznański, vice-rector for internationalization and innovation
Also the Senate of Gdańsk University of Technology will start its new 2020-2024 term of office in a new composition: the university authorities, academic teachers, representatives of students and doctoral students, as well as representatives of other university employees.
New deans will lead six faculties of Gdańsk University of Technology. In the case of three faculties, the deans will not change.
Here are the deans for the 2020-2024 term:
• Faculty of Architecture: prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Arch. Lucyna Nyka
• Faculty of Chemistry: prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Agata Kot-Wasik
• Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics: prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Jacek Stefański
• Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering: PhD, DSc, Eng. Mirosław Wołoszyn, university professor
• Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics: prof. PhD, DSc, Józef E. Sienkiewicz
• Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering: PhD, DSc, Eng. Joanna Żukowska, university professor
• Faculty of Mechanical Engineering: PhD, DSc, Eng. Paweł Śliwiński, university professor
• Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology: PhD, DSc, Eng. Wojciech Litwin, university professor
• Faculty of Management and Economics: PhD, DSc, Małgorzata Gawrycka, university professor.
The hitherto chancellor Mariusz Miler will continue to perform the function of GUT chancellor.
There are also four Priority Research Area Centers at Gdańsk University of Technology, established after GUT received the status of research university. They are managed by the rector's representatives:
• BioTechMed Center - prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Jerzy Wtorek
• EkoTech Center - prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Magdalena Gajewska
• Materials of the Future Center - prof. PhD, DSc, Eng. Piotr Jasiński
• Digital Technologies Center - PhD, DSc, Eng. Łukasz Kulas, university professor