Electronic Student ID cards have replaced paper ones. One plastic card plays the role of three documents:
- a traditional student ID card,
- a library card with access to the libraries of the Tri-City universities
- and a city card thats serves as a ticket for public transport.
The Electronic Student ID is a plastic card with a built-in contactless microchip. It includes an owner’s image and personal data, the document validity date and a visible record of student’s rights to allowances confirmed by a small hologram.
The Electronic Student ID pattern is below.
The student receives one Electronic Student ID Card for the entire duration of study.
Pursuant to § 11 of the Decree of the Rector of Gdańsk University of Technology No. 24/2019 of 9 August 2019: "Students continuing their studies to do the second-cycle programme, or re-taking studies are entitled to their Electronic Student ID Cards previously issued by Gdańsk University of Technology."
If a student re-takes or continues studies at GUT to obtain a higher degree and his/her personal data have not changed (name, address, etc.), they do not have to incur the cost of printing a new Electronic Student ID Card.
If a student changes the faculty, the faculty office of the new faculty will ask the faculty office of the previous one to provide them with the student’s Electronic ID card. Therefore, students are asked to inform the faculty offices about giving their Electronic Student ID Card back to another department.
The student may use an electronic ID card until the date of graduation, suspension of student rights or deletion from the list of students. Graduates of the first degree may use an electronic card until 31 October in the year of graduation.
The fee for issuing an Electronic Student ID Card is determined by the Rector’s Decree. A student will be charged 25,50 PLN for issuing an original document 33 PLN for a duplicate.
Submission of applications for an Electronic Student ID Card
- Log on to myPg.
- If you do not have an account in the student.pg.edu.pl domain, please activate your account
- After activating your account you will be given a login and password required to log into the portal.
- After the first login, please check the accuracy of your personal data and then submit an application for the issuance of an Electronic Student ID Card.
- To submit the application select the ‘Złóż wniosek” tab ("Apply" tab).
- Check your personal data the photo placed on a card. If they are correct: select "Wydanie ELS” tab (" Electronic Student ID Card Issue" tab). If the personal data are incorrect or if you want to change the image, select "Wydanie ELS ze zmianą danych osobowych” (‘The issue of an Electronic Student ID Card with the change of personal data")
Your image should be in JPG format and should meet the following requirements:
- dimensions: 2.0 x 2.5 cm with a resolution of 300dpi,
- maximum file size: 500kB,
- the picture uploaded to the server must be matched and properly framed, since it will be placed on the Electronic Student ID Card in the same form.
Any notifications about the change of the application status will be sent to the student’s e-mail and can be seen on the website - section ‘Wnioski’ ("Applications"). The issuance of an Electronic Student ID Card is connected with the fee payment and the relevant information, including the amount payable or the payment form, is available in the "Płatności" ("Payments") section in the "Należności" ("My invoices") tab. The payments must be credited to an individual and unique bank account number which was generated especially for this purpose.
In order to receive your Electronic Student ID Card you should go to your students' faculty office.
Instruction of how to encode your season ticket on your Electronic Student ID Card.