Date added: 2022-08-24
Gdańsk Tech among 11 Polish universities in the 2022 Shanghai Ranking
The methodology of the ranking is based on six indicators, including:
- number of alumni of an institution winning Nobel Prizes and other prestigious field/area rewards (Alumni – 10% weight),
- number of staff of an institution winning Nobel Prizes and other prestigious field/area awards (Award – 20%),
- number of highly cited world researchers – Clarivate Analytics list (HiCi – 20%),
- papers published in Nature and Science (N&S – 20 %),
- number of papers indexed in Science Citation Index - Expanded and Social Sciences Citation Index, based on the Web of Science data (PUB – 20%),
- weighted score of the five, above-listed indicators, divided by the number of full-time academic staff (PCP – 10%).
This year, Gdańsk University of Technology maintained its position in the range of 801-900 and gained points for two indicators: PUB and PCP.
Moreover, among Polish universities listed in ARWU 2022, Gdańsk Tech obtained third best result (14 points) for PCP indicator (the weighted score of other five indicators divided by the number of full-time academic staff of the university). In this year’s ranking, four Polish universities, Gdańsk Tech included, obtained points for HiCi indicator (Highly Cited Researchers by Clarivate Analytics).
– Shanghai ranking is one of the most prestigious and recognized classifications of higher education institutions worldwide. Presence in the ranking alone is a significant ennoblement for our university, especially as we succeeded in maintaining our position third time in a row. We try to make our university grow more dynamically each year, thus presence in the ranking does not come as a surprise to us, but confirms the efficiency of the development path we have chosen for Gdańsk Tech – says Prof. Krzysztof Wilde, Rector of Gdańsk Tech.
Once again, American universities prevail at the forefront of this year’s ranking – as many as 8 of them reached TOP10. Among the 10 Polish universities in the ranking, the highest position was taken by Warsaw University and Jagiellonian University (range 401-500). Two universitites were classified in the same range as Gdańsk Tech: Warsaw University of Life Sciences and Wrocław Medical University.
More information about the ranking
First Science Speed Dating in Poland
Cycling to university? But of course!
Mindfulness classes – sign up