Date added: 2021-01-04
New chairwoman and new board of the Student Government of Gdańsk University of Technology
Karolina Matuszewska from the GUT Faculty of Management and Economics has been elected the new chairwoman of the GUTSG for 2021. She replaced Jakub Brzoska in this position for the previous two terms.
Karolina Matuszewska is a Bachelor in Management student (specialization: Information Technology Management), and after completing her studies at GUT, she plans to work as a project manager in the IT industry. She has extensive experience in working for the GUT student community: in 2017-2019 she worked actively in the Faculty Students' Council at the FME, and for the last two terms she was the Deputy Chairwoman of the GUTSG for Finance and Economic Affairs. Since 2019, she has also been a GUT senator and participated in the meetings of the university senate, and now - due to taking up a new function - she will be a member of the GUT University Council.
– I am very glad that the Students' Parliament of Gdańsk University of Technology has trusted me and has chosen me for the position of the Chairperson of the GUTSG - says Karolina Matuszewska. – Local government activity is a great opportunity for our activists to develop, as well as to support the development of research clubs or student organizations. I would like the slogan around which our activities in the 2021 term will focus primarily to be ‘development’. We want to expand our activities and include subsidies for the scientific activity of students who are not members of the clubs, and offer all interested students the opportunity to improve their soft skills by organizing training courses. I am full of optimism and motivated to work for our academic community - adds the new president of the GUTSG.
The GUT Students Parliament also elected Deputy Chairpersons and its delegates to individual university bodies. The board of the GUTSG for the term of 2021 includes:
- Deputy for Finance and Economics - Agnieszka Skotnicka
- Deputy for Teaching and Education Quality - Natalia Dynderz
- Deputy for Social Affairs - Justyna Jodłowska
- Deputy for Media and Promotion - Jakub Persjanow
- Deputy for Culture and Sport - Kacper Szumiński
- Deputy for Entrepreneurship - Michał Żmudowski
- Deputy for Internal Structure and Organization - Roksana Gostomska
- Deputy for IT Structure Development - Krystian Bojeczko
- Deputy for Internationalization and Science - Szymon Krawczuk
- Student's Rights Spokeswoman - Wiktoria Dudek
In addition, the Presidium of the Students' Parliament includes: Patrycja Lewandowska, Anna Suchecka, Aleksandra Okrągła and Sebastian Somionka. In turn, at the GUT Senate meetings, students will be represented by: Karolina Matuszewska, Justyna Jodłowska, Szymon Krawczuk, Natalia Dynderz, Jakub Persjanow, Tomasz Słowik and Bartłomiej Kondrat.