Date added: 2021-01-25
"Siema!". GUT will help in organizing the 29th final of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity in Gdańsk
This year's finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, in which money will be collected for the purchase of equipment for laryngology, otolaryngology and head diagnostics, will be held on slightly different terms than in previous years. In connection with the coronavirus pandemic and the ensuing restrictions and limitations, the Regional Volunteer Center in Gdańsk (the organizer of the event in Gdańsk on behalf of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity) was looking for a place that could, on the one hand, ensure efficient organization of volunteers' work, and, on the other hand, allow for safe work in the sanitary regime .
Gdańsk University of Technology and the recently operating GUT Volunteer Center came to the rescue, and will provide the organizers of the Gdańsk GOCC finale with 12 lecture rooms in the University's Main Building, as well as help in the coordination and protection of volunteers' work.
– We are grateful to Gdańsk University of Technology that in these difficult, pandemic times it provides us with its space. Thanks to this, the organization of the Gdańsk GOCC finale will certainly run smoothly and without disruptions – says Dawid Jastrzębski, president of the Regional Volunteer Center in Gdańsk.
– Our academic community has always been very willing and actively involved in noble and charitable initiatives – adds Katarzyna Dzięcielewska, GUT rector's representative for the GUT Volunteer Center. – It is no different this time as well. We are happy that the headquarters of the Gdańsk GOCC finale will be located on GUT premises.
Students, come and play with the Orchestra!
The GUT Volunteer Center encourages students of our university to actively participate in the work of the largest Gdańsk headquarters of the 29th GOCC Finale, located at GUT.
Tasks for the volunteer:
- organizational work
- volunteer billing point service
- work from 10-20 (shifts)
- friendly atmosphere
- opportunity to gain valuable experience
- hot tea and coffee and refreshments
Applications can be sent by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with "WOŚP" (GOCC) in the title.