Date added: 2021-01-15
The first meeting of the GUT University Council in the new term
The University Council of Gdańsk University of Technology consists of seven members elected by the GUT Senate. They were elected during the meeting on 16 December 2020, and the official inauguration of the Council's activities took place on 1 January this year. The Council consists of five people from outside the university, one person from the university and the chairperson of the student government.
The main tasks of the University Council include: issuing opinions on the university's draft strategy, draft statute and material and financial plan, monitoring the university's management and its financial management, nominating candidates for the position of rector (after receiving the opinion of the Senate) and issuing opinions on the report on the implementation of the university's strategy.
– The composition of the Council for the next term of office includes people whose experience and competences will certainly contribute to the further dynamic development of Gdańsk University of Technology – said prof. Krzysztof Wilde, rector of GUT. - I am convinced that numerous future discussions with its members will contribute to strengthening GUT both in the scientific, didactic and organizational aspects. The work of the members of the Council will also translate into many other aspects of the university's functioning, for example in the field of our university's cooperation with the social and economic environment - added the GUT rector.
During the meeting of the Council, the rector handed official nominations to its members, and they in turn indicated their candidate for the chairman for the new term of 2021-2024. Sławomir Halbryt, president of the management board of Sescom and the president of the Pomeranian Regional Chamber of Commerce, who had already held this position in the previous term of the Council (the GUT Senate will then decide on the appointment) was selected for this role.
– Personally, I am very happy that I will be able to continue my work in the GUT University Council – said Sławomir Halbryt. – In the previous term of office, the Council efficiently became part of the everyday life of Gdańsk University of Technology, acting on the one hand as a supervisory body and on the other as an opinion-forming and advisory body. In the next term, we want to put more emphasis on the latter aspect, supporting and building an increasingly higher position of GUT in Poland and abroad, as well as contributing to its dynamic development.
Composition of the GUT University Council for the term 2021-2024:
- Wojciech Falkowski - president of the management board of Ecol-Group Ltd.,
- Inacio Golebski - president of DNV GL Poland Ltd.,
- Sławomir Halbryt - president of the management board of Sescom SA, president of the management board of the Regional Chamber of Commerce,
- prof. Tomasz Klimczuk - Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics,
- Andrzej Synowiecki - president of Radmor SA,
- Małgorzata Winiarek-Gajewska - President of NDI SA,
- Karolina Matuszewska - chairwoman of the GUTSG.