Date added: 2021-04-16
Another edition of the Red Rose Competition 2021
Each person studying at the second cycle of education at Gdańsk University of Technology who obtained a high average grade for academic performance (for the previous 2 semesters), has scientific, sports or artistic achievements, is socially active and is able to publicly present their achievements from the period of higher education has a chance to become the ‘best student’ of Gdańsk University of Technology in 2021 and apply for the Red Rose Laurel at the Inter University Stage, in which the best student from among the best students gets a passenger car as the prize.
A research club operating at Gdańsk University of Technology may apply for the title of ‘the best research club’ at Gdańsk University of Technology (University Stage) in 2021 for scientific, sports, artistic or social achievements in the last 3 years. The club then becomes the representative of our University at the Main Stage (Inter-University Stage), in which the award for the best research club from among the research clubs submitted by the universities of the Pomeranian Voivodeship is PLN 12 000.
It is required that the completed Application Forms at the University Stage be signed by the Vice-Dean of a given faculty.
Competition Regulations, Application Forms and other materials regarding the conditions of participation in the Competition are posted on the website of the Red Rose Association www.czerwonaroza.org.pl.
Competition organizer: Red Rose Association, with the participation of universities operating in the Pomeranian Voivodeship
The host of the competition in 2021: University of Gdańsk
Prizes in the Competition for scientific, sports, artistic achievements and social activity of the candidate, as well as for the manner of their public presentation, from the period of higher education or the last three years, respectively for the student (only second-cycle studies or uniform master's studies) and the research club are :
- in the ‘best student’ category - a passenger car,
- in the ‘best research club’ category - PLN 12 000,
- additional prizes funded by institutions or private persons.
University stage at Gdańsk University of Technology
- until 16 April 2021 (Friday) - sending information about the Competition and the Schedule to faculties and students of Gdańsk Tech.
- 17 - 18 May 2021 (Tuesday - Wednesday) - registering Candidates from the Faculties together with the submission of the required documents (in the Vice-rector’s for education and didactics office or at the Competition Coordinator).
- 15 June 2021 (Tuesday) - Senate Hall 6 min. multimedia / online presentation of the achievements by Candidates from Faculties (students and Gdańsk Tech Research Clubs before a Committee composed of Vice-Deans and in the presence of the Vice-Rector and Competition Coordinator).
- 15 June 15 2021 (Tuesday) - selection of the Winners of the University stage (one from each category by the Committee (by secret ballot).
- until 30 June 2021 (Wednesday) – putting forward Gdańsk Tech candidates (Gdańsk Tech delivers Applications in paper and electronic versions to the office of the Red Rose Association).
Main stage – Inter-University and Competition Gala (at the University of Gdańsk)
- 15 November 2021 (Monday) - public presentation of the Candidates, 6 min. in the presence of the Competition Jury (in the Auditorium of the University of Gdańsk).
- 19 November 2021 (Friday) - closed session of the Competition Jury (at the University of Gdańsk).
- 21 November 2021 (Sunday) – Competition Gala (in the Auditorium of the University of Gdańsk)